Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Grilled flank steak with Chimichurri sauce



Summer is here which means a lot of grilling at our house. Steaks tend to get boring and I'm alway looking for ways to jazz them up a bit. Enter Chimichurri sauce. It's a Brazilian condiment, and when it's made properly it can turn the most mundane dish into something truly spectacular! I love chimichurri on a nice peice of toasted crusty french bread. Chimichurri is also fabulous on grilled chicken, or baked fish. I'm also told that chimichurri is great on eggs, I don't like eggs, but I bet I would with chimichurri on them. Chimichurri is so versatile I can't imagine that there is a meat that it doesn't go well with.

Here's what you need:
1 lb of skirt steak
3 cloves of garlic pasted
Sea salt

Here's what you need for the Chimichurri sauce:
2 cups of fresh parsley
1 cup of fresh cilantro
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon of red chili pepper flakes
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
1//2 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Sea salt to taste

Directions: rub the pasted garlic on both sides of the skirt steak, season with sea salt, black pepper and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side.


Place all of the ingredients for the Chimichurri in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve on top of grilled steak.

Now how easy was that? Chimichurri is so delicious and it makes everything taste better. What are you going to have with this sauce?

Follow, and Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lazygirldinners



No comments:

Post a Comment