Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tropical punch fruit roll-ups



     My daughter is a huge fan of this particular fruit leather. Although, I should say that she loves all of the fruit roll- ups I make. But she is extremely partial to anything that has pineapple in it. Can you blame her? I love these myself, but I especially love the smell of the house when these are in the dehydrator. If I close my eyes hard enough, and drown out the sound of her squealing or screaming in the background, I can almost picture myself in a tropical paradise. I use banana in this recipe, but only one, it gives the fruit leather a better more pliable texture. Banana tends to overpower other flavors, so use a banana that is not fully ripe. This will give your fruit roll-up the texture you need, without it tasting like a banana with a splash of pineapple and strawberry fruit roll-up. Much like my recipe for Strawberry fruit roll-ups this recipe doesn't require anything other than fruit. The flavor of these roll-ups remind me of tropical punch Now and Later's. Do they still make those? I haven't had one since they were 5 cents a pack! This fruit roll up is much better for you. It doesn't contain any high fructose corn starch, or artificial flavors and coloring. It's fruit, plain and simple!

Here is what you need:
25-30 strawberries, with tops removed
1 whole pineapple, skin off, and unless you have a high powered blender like a vitamix, core removed
1banana

Equipment:
Blender
Parchment paper

Place strawberries, pineapple, and banana in the blender, and blend until smooth:







Pour out onto parchment paper and smooth out evenly:







Place in oven on 135 degrees Fahrenheit, or the lowest setting on your oven. Let bake for 4-6 hours.


Remove from parchment paper, roll, and enjoy!!
Follow me and like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lazygirldinners

No comments:

Post a Comment