Sunday, August 11, 2013

Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Garlic

Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken

I love to roast chicken whole.  It is the epitomy of lazy cooking in my opinion, however, the payoff is amazing! You marinate the chicken, stick it in the oven for an hour, and you're done.  I've mastered the art of roast chicken.  My roast chicken is famous among my friends and family. Brining is the secret to perfectly roasted chicken, but I'll save that for a another post, (click Here to see that post). For now I'll just give you a recipe for perfectly roasted chicken.

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time : 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour

Ingredients
1 Whole Organic non-GMO Chicken
4 cloves of garlic, pasted
The juice of 1 lemon
The zest of 1 lemon
Sea salt
Black pepper
2 Tablespoons of olive oil

Servings: 4-6

Directions:
In a small bowl add the pasted garlic, lemon zest and oil.

 Rub the the olive oil  mixture all over the Chicken, and season it generously with sea salt and pepper.


Place the chicken in a 450F degree oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove once the chicken has cooked through and the skin is crispy and golden brown. Pour the the lemon juice over the chicken, let rest for 10 minutes and serve.



Do you have any tips for roasting chicken? 

Follow and Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lazygirldinners




No comments:

Post a Comment