Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Amara's Indian Fish Fry

Amara's Fish fry

I've had many Indian style fish fry's in my life, but this particular one carries special meaning for me, because it is a recipe that was taught to me by my mother-in-law. Like many mother-in-law and daughter-in-law relationships ours didn't begin easy. But our relationship turned into a relationship filled with deep love, admiration, and mutual respect. Our relationship was hard in the beginning because my mother-in-law had such a deep love for her son. It was hard for her to take a second seat to me, but the truth is she didn't have to, my husbands heart is, and was, big enough for both of us to be in it. You could see the mutual love they had for each other upon every meeting. Every time my husband entered his moms presence, she would beam with joy! The whole room would light up from her smile when she saw him. I've never met a man who was as close to his mother as my husband was to his mom. He's a better man, a better husband, and a better father because of that love. I will always be thankful to her for that. One of the things I loved doing most with my mother-in-law was cooking. We didn't cook together that often, because she wanted to cook for me and my husband not with us. She especially loved cooking for my husband, and he loved eating her food. He would often call me to come over and have dinner with them, while we were dating, and when I arrived there would be this massive meal just for the 3 of us. This recipe is simple in every way, but it's delicious, and more importantly dear to my heart.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2

Ingredients:
1 lb of white cod, cut and cubed
2-3 teaspoons of ground turmeric
3 tablespoons of safflower oil for frying
Sea salt to taste
1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
4-6 Lemon wedges

Directions:
Heat the oil in a cast iron pan. Season the cod with sea salt, then lightly dust all sides of the cod with the turmeric, and place into the hot oil.

Cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides, remove from oil, and serve with lemon wedges and cilantro, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment