Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Smashed Potatoes

Smashed Potatoes

I love potatoes! Love them!!! Any diet that excludes potatoes isn't a diet I'd  ever be on. When my friends even mention going on a low carb diet, I tell them "good luck with that, I'll be over here with my potatoes and apples! Not going to happen for me, but I wish you the best of luck!" I subscribe to the eat a little of everything and nothing will become a problem diet. The only thing I restrict from my diet are processed foods. If it's not a real, whole food, then I don't eat it. This system has worked for me all of my life, so I think I will stick to it. With that said, I love this particular recipe for potatoes, they're the perfect combination of a fried potato and a baked potato,  just delish! I used an Italian dried spice blend, but you can use any spices that you like. I also used multi-color potatoes. Purple, blue and red potatoes are great for you, they have more antioxidants than white potatoes!

Cook time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
15-20 small organic fingerling potatoes or small Yukon gold potatoes
3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of Sea salt and more to taste
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning

Directions:
Pre heat your oven to 425F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and set aside. To a medium pot add potatoes, sea salt and enough water to cover the potatoes, bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil the potatoes until they are fork tender about 10 minutes. Drain the water from the potatoes then place them on the foil lined cookie sheet. Smash each potato with the back of a spoon, you want to expose the flesh. Season each potato with sea salt, and Italian seasoning, then drizzle olive oil over each potato.


Place the cookie sheet in the oven, and cook until the potatoes take on a golden brown  color, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately!


No comments:

Post a Comment