Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lamb Lettuce Wraps with Mint Chimmichurri Sauce

Lamb Lettuce Wraps With Mint Chimichurri Sauce
Lamb Lettuce Wraps With Mint Chimichurri Sauce
One of my favorite "cook" books is The Flavor Bible by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg. It is my go to book when I need inspiration for a new recipe. If you own it, then you know it's not a cookbook in the traditional sense, because it doesn't contain any recipes. It's more of a reference for exactly what it title states, flavors that work well together. Yesterday I was browsing it for an idea for what I could do with some ground lamb that I needed to make for dinner. It was a hot day here in California--go figure--so I wanted something light and cooling. I opened The Flavor Bible up and landed on Chimichurri and it hit me! Inspiration at it's best!! I decided to make lamb lettuce wraps with a mint Chimichurri! These are DELICIOUS!! My husband raved at every bite! If ground lamb isn't your thing, or you can't get it in your grocery store, try this with ground beef or chicken, the mint Chimichurri sauce will work with either.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients:
1 lb Lamb
9 leaves of organic Butter lettuce
1 cup of organic Green onion sliced white parts included
3 cloves of garlic minced
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 cup of fresh organic mint chopped
Ingredients for Mint Chimichurri
1/2 cup of flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup of mint
3 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
2 cloves of garlic
Sea salt to taste
Directions:
Place all the ingredients for the Chimmichurri in a blender or processor and blend until smooth, set aside. Heat the tablespoon of oil in a skillet, add garlic, and green onion, toss for 20-30 seconds, then add in ground meat. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and cook until meat is browned and cooked through, add in the mint and toss, remove from the fire.

image
Scoop meat into lettuce leaves, top with Chimmichurri and enjoy!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment