Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Lazy Girl Stove Top Lasagna

Lazy Girl Stove Top Lasagna
Lazy Girl Stove Top Lasagna
These last few weeks have been a whirlwind, I have been burning both ends of the candle wick for some time now, and it finally caught up with me.  But even when mom is sick, our kiddies still need to eat! I normally use all of these ingredients to make my lasagna, but I make the meat sauce on the stove, then transfer the sauce to a bake pan and layer it over the noodles, top with cheese and finish this in the oven.  However, because I was sick, I thought why not just try this on the stove top.  Surprisingly it worked! This lasagna is the ultimate in lazy cooking, but it yielded the best lasagna that I've ever made, and the easiest!
 
Pin It!
Pin It!
 
 
 
 
 
 


Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb of grass fed ground beef
1 small brown onion (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon of dried basil
15 ounces of organic tomato sauce
1 cup of organic mozzarella cheese
5 tablespoons of organic whole fat cottage cheese
2  lasagna noodles I used brown rice lasagna noodles
1 tablespoon of olive oil
sea salt to taste
 
Directions: Heat olive oil in a saute pan, add in onion and garlic and cook until onion turns translucent.
image
Add in ground meat, season generously with sea salt and cook until brown.  Drain any excess fat.
image
Add basil, cottage cheese and half of the tomato sauce,. stir until all ingredients are combined,
image


Top with the lasagna noodles--I broke them and spread them out over the the entire pan--

No comments:

Post a Comment