Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup--All the Thanksgiving recipes you need in one post!

Pin It!
 
 
Thanksgiving is just a week away. I've been preparing my household and making lists for the big day.  What would this blog be without a post with my most useful recipes to get you ready for the big day.  The below is a list of must haves for almost any Thanksgiving meal.
Chicken stock
No Thanksgiving meal is complete without a good chicken stock on hand.  Nothing beats a homemade stock, especially if you plan on making homemade gravy to go along with your Thanksgiving meal.  Using home made stock to make your gravy could mean the difference between good gravy, and fantastic not a drop left in the gravy bowl, gravy!  One of my favorite chicken stocks to make is the one from Modernist Cuisine.  It requires the use of one pound of ground chicken and one pound of chicken wings, so it's a bit more expensive to make, because the soul purpose of the meat used int he recipe is to extract flavor, so you can't eat it, but it's totally worth it!  You will not find a better chicken stock.  If you prefer not to splurge on the modernist version of chicken stock, try this one--I've made both and they both out perform the store bought stuff.
image
 Poultry Seasoning
What's better than a do-it-yourself seasoning for your bird?  Not much short of finding every single ingredient already in your cupboard--then nothing is better! This poultry seasoning tastes identical to the store bought stuff, only it has no fillers.
image
Potatoes
What's a Thanksgiving meal without potatoes?  In my family potatoes are as synonomous to Thanksgiving dinner, as turkey is to Thanksgiving.  They are a must have!  In the mean time, this recipe for smashed potatoes is one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes and is the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving meal.  My cauliflower mash is also fantastic!  I've had it with and without potatoes and either way the mash is devine!
Smashed Potaoes
Smashed Potaoes
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash
Roasted Garlic
Let's face it, roasted garlic makes everything better--especially a Thanksgiving meal--so here's how to roast garlic
How to Roast Garlic
How to Roast Garlic
Creamed Corn
What is it about corn that screams Thanksgiving?  I don't know but my no cream creamed corn recipe is definitely a brillant addition to any Thanksgiving meal
No cream Creamed Corn
 
Dessert
Finally while I don't profess to be a dessert wizard, I do have a great recipe for diy condensed milk.  My grandmother would always have a couple of cans of condensed milk out for her baking, and I'm quite sure that she would approve of my do it yourself version. It can be made with dairy and nondairy milks.
How to make Condensed Coconut Milk
 
One of my favorite desserts is Chocolate Pots de Creme  my recipe for them is AMAZING!! If you manage to save any of these for more than 3 members of your family to enjoy, then you're doing much better than me!
 
So tell me are you ready for the big day? What are you making?

No comments:

Post a Comment