Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Ginger Garlic Fried Rice

Ginger Garlic Fried Rice
              Ginger Garlic Fried Rice
Ahh...rice. The staple food for many cultures.  In fact, rice is so important to my good friend Gina's parents that they will not even travel without bringing along their rice maker.  It's the first thing her mom unpacks in the hotel room. My husband and my daughter are huge fans of rice.  Page is a particular fan of basmati, and I can't say that I blame her.  A good basmati  is aromatic, light and airy, like eating a cloud.     I don't cook rice that often, so even a small bag could last us months.  Whenever I do make rice, as much as my husband and daughter love it, we always have leftovers.  I hate to throw it away so I always try to find a way to use it.   Page loves fried rice--who doesn't?  She is a particular fan of my Crab Fried Rice.  But we don't always have crab in the house.  So I use what I have, usually a few vegetables, and an egg.  One of the fish restaurants we frequent makes a garlic rice that Page just devours. So I decided to do my own take on the garlic rice which she loves so much.
Pin It!
Pin It!



Here's what you need:
Ingredients
2-3 cups of room temperature left over rice
1/2 teaspoon of tumeric
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of minced ginger
1 tablespoon of oil
sea salt or soy sauce to taste
Directions: Add the oil,  garlic,  tumeric and ginger to a saute pan and heat on medium heat until garlic and ginger slightly brown,
Processed with VSCOcam with s1 preset
add in the rice, toss until rice is heated.
Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset
Transfer to a serving bowl, season with soy or sea salt, and a drizzle of sesame oil, garnish with cilantro, serve and enjoy. This is AMAZING with my Korean barbecue chicken, stay tuned for that recipe tomorrow!
Processed with VSCOcam with s5 preset

No comments:

Post a Comment