Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chicken with Lemon Caper Cream Sauce



I am always trying to come up with fresh ways to make chicken. Luckily for me there are 1001 ways to make chicken.  I Love a cream sauce, and if you follow my blog you know that I love Lemon too.  This recipe comes from a love of both.  If you love something why not marry the two?  Although this is a cream sauce, it's not heavy on the palet at all.  The Lemon really lightens this dish.  Add in some capers and some kalmata olives, and the dish becomes even lighter.

Prep Time: 5 minute
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
1 Cup of heavy cream
The juice of 1 Lemon
Zest of half a Lemon (optional)
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup of green capers liquid drained
1/4  cup of Kalmata Olives, pits removed
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken cubed seasoned with sea salt


Directions:
Add the oil to a pan, once hot brown the chicken on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside for later.



 Add in the sliced garlic, and let cook until you smell the garlic about 10 seconds:

Add in the cream stir, then add the olives, capers, tomatoes, lemon juice, and the chicken:

Cook stirring constantly you don't want the cream to boil over.  Once the chicken is cooked through( about 7-9 minutes) turn off the fire and serve.  I serve over a bed of sauteed spinach, but I have also served this over pasta, if I do, I add the spinach for a green.  Enjoy! What is your favorite cream sauce?

Follow and like me on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Lazygirldinners

No comments:

Post a Comment