Friday, October 4, 2013

Green beans with turmeric and mustard seeds




One of my husbands favorite veggies is green beans. I could serve him green beans every day for a year, and he would never get tired of them. The problem is that I would get tired of green beans, and I'd get tired very quickly.   This recipe is one of my favorite ways to eat green beans. It's simple, it's quick and very delicious!


Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1 lbs of fresh green beans, you can use frozen but make sure they're defrosted
1 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
4 tablespoon of olive oil
Sea salt to taste


Directions:
In a cast iron skillet heat the oil along with the mustard seeds and turmeric, when the seeds begin to pop add in the green beans, cook for 10-15 minutes, allowing the beans to brown some and loose most of the water in them. Add salt toss turn off fire, serve and enjoy!

What is your favorite green bean recipe? Follow and like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lazygirldinners

No comments:

Post a Comment