Thursday, November 7, 2013

Indian Spiced Cabbage


Indian Spiced Cabbage

I love cabbage! I wish more people shared my love for it. I say that because, it's rarely on menu at restaurant's, and when I go to a friends house for dinner, it's rarely served. I don't quite understand that, because it's one of the most soul fulfilling veggies I know, in the same league as collard greens, and kale. I would happily eat it any day of the week! This is one of my favorite ways to prepare and eat cabbage! If you've ever been to an Indian restaurant then you've probably had this. It's so quick to make at home that it's almost an afterthought!


Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes


Ingredients
1 small head do cabbage, chopped finely
1 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Sea salt to taste


Directions:
In a cast iron skillet heat the oil along with the mustard seeds and turmeric, when the seeds begin to pop add in the the cabbage, cook for 10 minutes, allowing the cabbage to breakdown a bit. Add salt, toss, turn off fire, cover for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!

What is your favorite cabbage recipe? 

Follow and like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lazygirldinners

No comments:

Post a Comment