Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fudgesicles

Coconut Cream Fudgesicles

One of my favorite treats as a kid was a fudge pop. Back then they were sold as the low-fat, low-calorie version of ice cream.   Not that any of that mattered to me , I was 7!  I just really enjoyed the creamy chocolate treat!  Back then fudgesicles contained 3 or 4 key ingredients, Milk, chocolate, and cream.  That is a far cry from the ingredient list we see today on a fudgepop box.  When formulating this recipe, I wanted to stick to what made fudgesicles great when I was little, a few ingredients and not much else.  I switched out the milk for coconut milk, and added some coconut cream for richness, the result----Heaven--creamy fudge heaven!  I didn't add any extra sugar to this, for my palate it didn't need it.  My daughter and husband both loved these without any added sugar as well.  However, if you like fudgesicles on the sweeter side, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the mix before freezing.  Although I used coconut milk and cream as a base for these, you can use milk and cream, or just use milk.   You can also use my recipe for Chocolate Tofu Pudding just freeze and enjoy!
Pin It!
Pin It!









Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Freeze time: 4-6 hours

Makes 4-6 pops

Ingredients:
2 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chopped
1 tablespoons of unsweetened  cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of coconut milk
3/4 cup of coconut cream

Special equipment:
Popsicle molds

Directions: Add the milk, cream and cocoa powder to a sauce pan over medium heat, and whisk until well combined and mixture is just below a simmer--DO NOT BOIL!!! Remove from heat.  Add in chopped chocolate, and whisk until all the chocolate is melted, stir in the vanilla extract.  


Divide the mixture evenly among the popsicle molds,
 Freeze for 4-6 hours or until solidly frozen. Follow your popsicle molds instructions for removing pops from molds and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment