Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Herbaceous Grilled Lamp Chops

Herbaceous Grilled Lamb Chops
Herbaceous Grilled Lamb Chops
Last weekend I visited a Persian market.  The market filled me with all sorts of food inspiration, but it mostly left me with a strong desire to eat lamb.  I guessing that desire came from the cooked foods section, which had fresh lamb kabobs and sharma. The market also housed a rather large meat department, it had lamb in every form, hooves, hearts, livers, basically every part of the lamb that a better cook than I am could possibly want to cook. A far cry from the selection at my local Whole Foods! I feel like I hit the lottery if they have stewed lamb meat once every 4 months.  Wouldn't it be fabulous to be able to walk into your local market and find, um..choices?  Like ramps in the spring time, in California--but I digress.  Let's just say, I left the Persian market with market envy.   I shop at Whole Foods so often that when I go into a conventional grocery store, I'm always amazed at how inexpensive things are.  Haha..call it reverse sticker shock! Thank you Whole Foods!  Surprisingly, I did not leave the Persian market with lamb.  I did find some great spices, some pomegranate molasses, and a few other great items.  I left with my new finds and a mission to cook these lamb chops.
Pin It!
Pin It!
Ingredients:
1 lb lamb chops
2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic minced
1 teaspoon lemon powder, can sub with lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
Directions: To a small bowl add garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and oil, mix well.
image
Dry lamb chops, season generously with sea salt. Rub the lamb chops with the herbaceous garlic paste.
image
Place lamb chops on a hot grill, and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until lamb chops are cooked to your liking.  Remove from grill, serve with a fresh squeeze of lemon and enjoy!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment