Monday, May 6, 2013

Chocolate avocado pudding





Chocolate and advacado are probably not two things that you would instinctually put together. In fact when I told my husband that I was going to make a chocolate pudding using an advacado as a base his response was, "Eww..that sounds disgusting," insert sour face here! I can't say that I blame him for that response, you're probably thinking the same thing! But trust me when I tell you that this pudding is one of those things that you have to taste to understand. Once you taste it, you WILL be a convert! With each 4 ounce serving of this pudding you're getting about 2 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, and putting a dent in your daily Omega 3 and 6 intake. However, The absolute best part is that you can eat something that tastes sinfully delicious, but that is totally good for you! 

Here is what you need:


1 + 1/2 ripe avocado
5 Tablespoons of either quality cocoa powder (100% pure cacao)/ or 1/3 cup of a good quality chocolate bar (60% pure cacao) which you need to melt or shave.
5 tablespoons of  pure maple syrup, ( you can substitute honey, Agave, or sweetener of your choice)
1/4 cup  milk of your choice, I used Almond milk. You can also use water.
2 tsp pure vanilla extract or essence

Equipment you need:
Blender, or food processor

Directions:
Half avocado, discard pit, and remove flesh:

Place flesh of the avocado, cocoa powder, sweetener, milk, and vanilla in the blender/ food processor:
Blend until smooth. If you like a thinner pudding add more milk/water


Pour into a dish:



Garnish with whatever you like and serve! If you like it cold, you can chill before serving, but once you taste this, i doubt that you'll want to!!

Follow me and like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lazygirldinners

No comments:

Post a Comment