Monday, January 6, 2014

Wine Braised Kale

Braised Kale


Thank goodness that the Holidays are over. I feel like I've been on a fast moving train for the last 2 months! I don't know about you, but I love being home and settled into my routine. The Holidays always take me out of routine.  It's nice to get out of routine, but it's heaven to get back into routine also. While I've been away from you, I've been indulging in comfort foods, like stews in wine sauces! I love adding wine to sauces and stews. A wine sauce always makes me want to lick the plate clean! This recipe for Kale is so extremely yummy that if you're not a Kale lover, you may just become a kale lover overnight! Kale gets a bad rap, I think it's because most people don't know how to cook it. People always pull me aside in the grocery store and ask me how I cook it. They whisper the question as if my responding answer will contain the secrets of the earth! Maybe for them it does. If you are not eating kale because you haven't a clue how to make it, I hope that this recipe changes that!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes

Ingredients:
1 bunch of Lancinto Kale washed and chopped finely
1/4 cup of shallots or brown onion finely chopped
1/4 cup or more of a good white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
1 large clove of garlic sliced thinly
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil

Directions:
Heat olive oil add garlic and shallots and  cook until you can smell the garlic, (20 seconds), add in kale, and sauté until wilted. Add in white wine, sea salt, and pepper, bring to a simmer and lower the heat. Cook covered for 5-7 minutes. It's done when Kale is tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment