Thursday, January 23, 2014

Homemade Ranch Dry Seasoning



One of my favorite condiments is salad dressing. I love making my own salad dressing from scratch. Most salad dressings are filled with way too many preservatives for my taste, not to mention hidden and not so hidden calories. I love simple vinaigrettes, but every now and again, I crave a creamy salad dressing. I resort to making this recipe for ranch, or my Caesar  salad dressing. Both are fantastic in their own separate ways. I've come up with a recipe for a dry ranch seasoning.  This ranch seasoning is extremely versatile, and can be used in a host of recipes, I'll post 2 more ways to use it in the coming week. But first let me give you the recipe for the ranch seasoning.


Pin It!
Pin It!




Ingredients:
2.5 tablespoons of dried organic parsley
1.5 teaspoons of dried organic dill weed
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2.5 teaspoons of onion powder
2 teaspoons of dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of pink peppercorns ground ( you can sub black pepper)


Add the ingredients for the dry ranch mix to a mason jar, or a re-sealable bag, and mix well. 1 tablespoon of this mixture is all you need to make my low calorie Ranch yogurt dip/salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment