Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Moroccan Spiced Grilled Lamb Kabobs

Moroccan Spiced Lamb Kabobs

I don't know where you live, but for the last week or so it's been in the high 90's here in Southern California.  When it's hot like this, I resort to making my husband cook on the grill.  No one wants to cook in this kind of heat, but we must eat, so grilling it is. I love grilled meat period.  Lamb was made to be grilled.  I remember several years back introducing my southern family to lamb grilled on the barbecue. I had invited them over for a cook out, and in addition to grilled chicken, I was serving grilled lamb.  When they found out that chicken and lamb were their only meat options, I had a family mutiny on my hands.  "Lamb?!!! We don't eat lamb! You just wasted your money!" "Where is the real food? What happened to the ribs?!" Haha! I still laugh thinking about that day, because, after a bit of convincing I got one of them to try it, and they all quickly fell in line! Ten seconds into them all trying it, they were fighting over who was going to get the last piece!  Now when we have a barbecue, lamb is on the menu, and I'm not the one bringing it, they are!  I've converted several friends of mine who aren't  fans of lamb into eating lamb by serving it to them grilled also. I personally love lamb anyway you serve it. But there is just something about grilled lamb that speaks to everyone's taste bud's.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
1 pound of lamb loin cubed
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of coriander
1 teaspoon of garlic paste
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1 Tablespoon of finely chopped mint
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
sea salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:
In a  small bowl mix the cumin, coriander, lemon juice, mint and olive oil together.

Season lamb meat generously with sea salt and black pepper. Pour the marinade over the lamb and mix well. 

Add the seasoned lamb to skewers, then grill for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the lamb reaches your desired level of doneness--about 15 minutes for medium.  Serve with veggie skewers or this cucumber and tomato salad, or this Cucumber Salad with Lemon Basil vinaigrette and this lemon cauliflower rice and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment