Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tofu Scramble

Tofu Breakfast Scramble

My daughter loves tofu--loves it!  Lately she has been refusing to eat breakfast, I think mainly because she tires of having the same thing over and over.  One of my favorite natural restaurant's serves a tofu scramble which I adore.  I thought I'd give it a try in my own kitchen, in hopes that my daughter would enjoy it--she did.  She actually thought this was a real egg scramble--she kept saying "mmmm egg's are good for you?" This is equivalent to her seal of approval.  So everyone is happy when I make this;-) Mommy win!!

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
7 ounces of soft tofu
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 cup of diced onion
1/2 cup of diced red or green bell pepper
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil

Directions: Heat oil in a skillet, add bell pepper and red onion and saute until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes, add in the turmeric and cook for 20-30 seconds.


Add in the tofu and break up with a fork, mix until the turmeric, onions and bell pepper have been well incorporated into the tofu, and the tofu has been warmed-about 3-4 minutes.



 Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment