Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ground Chicken and Cabbage Curry

Ground Chicken and Cabbage Curry
Do you ever pull out something for dinner and then have no clue what you're going to make with it? I do...all the time! Most of the time it works out, but working out on some days can be relative. Success for me is getting a nutritious meal on the table on most days. This Chicken and Cabbage curry recipe  almost didn't come together. I pulled out the ground chicken, but all I had to go with it was the cabbage. I didn't have any fresh onion, no fresh garlic, none of the ingredients one needs to make something taste good. My fridge was empty because I had put off grocery shopping, and now I had to pay the price. I turned to my cupboards for help. I had a bevy of ground dried spices, curry, onion powder, ground ginger and garlic.  From those dried spices, this meal was born, and let me tell you what a delicious meal it was! It is one of my husbands favorite meals. I've made this with fresh onion and garlic, but the dried spices give this much better flavor.
Pin It!
Pin It!
 
 




Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
total time: 25 minutes

Ingredients
1 lb of ground chicken
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of curry powder
1 teaspoon of ground ginger powder
2-3 tablespoons of  olive oil, or ghee
1 small head of cabbage, chopped roughly
4 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro

Directions:
Heat olive oil in a pan add dried spices and  heat for 20 seconds or just until spices become fragrant. Add in ground meat and brown. Once meat has cooked, add in the cabbage, and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until cabbage wilts a bit. 

Remove from heat, top with cilantro and serve as is, or over a bowl of brown basmati rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment