Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Meringue Cookies


Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Meringue Cookies

If there was ever a food match that was made in heaven, it is peanut butter and chocolate! One of my favorite lazy treats is to dip a dark chocolate bar into peanut butter.  So the other day when I was craving a sweet, I thought what a great idea it would be to make a delicious peanut butter cookie that was both moist and light.  Sort of like my Starbucks Inspired Flourless Chocolate Cookie or (cue the light bulb over my head), how about exactly like my Flourless Chocolate Cookie! But instead of adding melted chocolate to the meringue, I'd add melted/warmed peanut butter---and so this cookie was born! It's light, moist, gooey, and crisp in all of the right places! A miracle really, considering the fact that we all know that I am not the most proficient baker. I was fully expecting that this would turn out to be another disastrous baking episode for me. I'm so glad that I was wrong, and that this turned out to be all that I wanted and more!
Pin It!
Pin It!







Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Makes 8 cookies

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
6 Tablespoons of creamy peanut butter warmed
1/8 teaspoon of cream of tartar
3/4 of powdered sugar (I used maple sugar,see how to powder any type of sugar here)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of chocolate chips (optional)

1/8 teaspoon of sea salt

Directions:  Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Over low heat warm the peanut butter, until it begins to thin a bit and takes on a glossy shine---about 5 minutes, set aside.


Add the two egg whites to a bowl and beat on low until bubbles form, add the cream of tartar and beat on high, add in the sugar one tablespoon at a time and beat until peaks are stiff and fluffy---you can turn the bowl upside down with out the mixture running. 


Pour in the melted peanut butter and fold it into the egg white fluff--be gentle-- fold until the white streaks disappear. 

Fold in the chocolate chips, 

Spoon the cookie mixture onto a parchment/silpat lined cookie sheet. 

Let them cool for 10 minutes, then move them to a cookie rack to continue cooling 5-7 minutes.


 Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment