Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tahini Salad Dressing--Tahini Vegetable Dip

Mother's Market Inspired Tahini Salad Dressing/Vegetable Dip


I love a great salad. One of my favorite salads to eat when I eat out is a simple garden salad that I get at a local health food market that I frequent.  The salad is simple in every way,  fresh mixed greens, topped with fresh mushrooms, carrots, and beets.  What makes this salad better than other salads?  That's simple, the tahini dressing that accompanies it. The dressing is one of the best salad dressings that I have ever tasted.  The only problem is that the restaurant doesn't sell it in a bottle, so I can't take it home to use at a later time, and the restaurant is very secretive about what exactly is in the dressing.  I've asked a thousand and one times, but they won't give me the recipe. Sort of like they wouldn't give me the recipe for their gingered greens, which I also love.  So as usual, I had to experiment, and come up with my own version, and it is amazingly close to their tahini dressing-- exact actually.  It is so good!  You can use it to dress a salad, but it's equally good as a dip for cucumber, carrot, and celery sticks. My daughter loves it, with a capital L, and the best part is that nothing in it is bad for you.  It's high in protein, because it contains both sesame and cashew butters.
Pin It!
Pin It!
 
 
 
 
 



Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: none
Total time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of tahini paste
2 teaspoons of cashew butter (about 20-30 whole cashews)
4 medium sized cherry tomatoes (about 2 tablespoons chopped)
1 large clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of Tamari soy sauce
3 tablespoons of a neutral oil like safflower
2 teaspoons of lemon juice

Directions:  Place all of the ingredients in a blender or processor and blend until smooth.  Pour into a serving container and enjoy! This would be awesome on grilled veggies as well!!



No comments:

Post a Comment