Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Roasted Garlic--How to Roast Garlic

How to Roast Garlic

Can you image cooking without garlic? I can't! I love it! Garlic lends so much flavor to a savory dish, it's hard to imagine not having it to use. I love garlic in every state, raw, blanched, powdered, and roasted.  Each has it's own unique flavor. Roasted garlic is so delicious, and there are so many uses for it. I add roasted garlic to a plain tomato sauce to instantly take it from bland to fantastic! I add roasted garlic to one of my favorite roasted eggplant dishes. I spread roasted garlic on a good piece of crusty bread and dip it into a balsamic, red pepper, and olive oil vinaigrette, and of course, I add roasted garlic to mashed potatoes, or my cauliflower potato mash! There are a plethora of uses for roasted garlic, (like using it for my Roasted Garlic and Lemon Chicken recipe), once you learn how to roast garlic, you will wonder why you've been cooking without it!
Pin It!
Pin It!
 
 
 




Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time:30-45 minutes

Ingredients:
1 large bulb of garlic
1 teaspoon of olive oil
sea salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
1 sheet of foil--must be big enough to fully enclose the garlic

Directions: Pre-heat the oven to 400F. With a knife slice the top off of the garlic. Place the garlic inside of the foil, pour the oil over the top of the garlic, making sure to cover all exposed garlic. add sea salt and black pepper if using, 

Fold all sides of the foil, making sure that the garlic is fully enclosed. Place the garlic bulb in your oven 

Cook  for 45 minutes, or until garlic is beautifully golden brown.  

Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove by squeezing, or by removing each individual clove of garlic with a pairing knife, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment