Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Green Bean Chicken

Green beans with Chicken
Green beans with Chicken
We are having a rough week here. Page is finding adjusting to school harder than any of us had hoped. She was fine initially, but has had a delayed reaction to being separated from me.  Yesterday was an especially hard day for us all.  She cried all day at school, and when I picked her up from school my heart just broke.  She looked like she had been crying all day, and the way she fell into my arms...let's just say that I was reduced to one giant puddle! Needless to say, I never got around to posting my blog yesterday.
A few weeks ago we were out running the last of our Christmas errands, and stopped to eat a Chinese restaurant.  As we browsed the menu, I asked Page what she wanted to eat.  She quickly removed the menu from my hands, took a few seconds and said "I want the green beans mom!"  With her tiny finger she pointed to a picture of a plate of glimmering green beans and said " I want this one!" Under normal circumstances I would ignore her, and get her what I think she might eat, but she was so confident in her choice that I ordered the green bean chicken for us to share. I'm so glad I did!  I don't know who enjoyed the dish more, me or Page.  The beans were crisp and fresh, and Page devoured almost all of them!  The moment I tasted this dish, I knew that I had to try to recreate it at home.
 Pin It!



Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
 
 
Ingredients:
1 pound of fresh  organic green beans, ends trimmed
1 tablespoon of garlic paste
1 teaspoon of ginger paste
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1 chicken breast. cubed
sea salt to taste
Directions: Heat the oil, garlic and ginger paste in a saute pan just until the garlic and ginger become fragrant (about 30 seconds).
image
 
Season the chicken with sea salt and add it to the hot pan.  Toss well, and allow the chicken to cook through about (5-7 minutes).
image
Once chicken has cooked through, add in the soy sauce, rice vinegar and green beans.
image
Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes--the green beans should still be crisp, remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment