Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Oven-Roasted Broccolini with Lemon-Garlic Parmesan


Oven Roasted Broccolini with Lemon-garlic Parmesan
Oven Roasted Broccolini with Lemon-garlic Parmesan
 
Going to the Farmer's market on Sunday has become routine for my family.  My daughter gets excited about going and so do I.  I never know what my weekly meal plan will include until after I've forged my way through the market.  This week the pickings were slim.  I don't know if was just extremely busy before we got to the farmer's market, or if the farmer's just didn't have much to share.  Either way, I left with only two produce items--broccolini and strawberries.  Not my usual bountiful assortment.  I had no idea how I was going to prepare the broccolini, and decided just before cooking it, to roast it and top it with the lemon-garlic parmesan mixture.  The flavors sounded like they would pair well to me, so I took an chance, and I'm so glad I did.  Beside's my Roasted Broccoli with Garlic--this is new favorite way to prepare broccoli. For my Paleo, Vegan, and Whole 30 friends leave out the cheese, this is still great without it--the lemon really makes this broccolini sing!
Pin It!
 
 
 
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes

Ingredients:
1lb of organic broccolini (can sub broccoli)
1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon of lemon powder (can sub 1 teaspoon of lemon zest)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons of oil plus an additional 2 teaspoons
sea salt to taste
Directions: Pre-heat the oven to 450F.  To a small bowl add parmesan, garlic, and 2 teaspoons of oil,
image
mix well and set aside.
image
Line a bake sheet with foil, add the broccolini, 2 tablespoons of oil, and sea salt and toss well.
image
Place in the oven for 10 minutes.  At the 10 minute mark, remove the sheet pan from the oven, and top with the lemon-garlic parmesan mixture.
image
Return the pan to the oven and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the parmesan browns, remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
image
 
If you like this recipe you might like my recipe for Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan, Lemon and red pepper flakes, or my recipe Parmesan Chicken with Roasted Romaine.
Follow and Like me on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/lazygirldinners
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment