Tuesday, February 3, 2015

DIY BBQ Rub--Lazy Girl All Purpose Barbecue Seasoning

Lazy Girl BBQ Spice Rub
Lazy Girl BBQ Spice Rub
By now you know that I love to make my own dry rubs and seasonings. I am a particular fan of the Trader Joe's brand BBQ rub, but it's not organic, and it contains sugar.  So of course I had to make my own version--without the sugar. I find that most things that call for sugar, either need less than the recipe calls for, or  don't need it at all.  If you want to add sugar to this, then by all means add it, 1 teaspoon of maple sugar won't kill you, but it really isn't necessary for this recipe, this seasoning is fantastic all own its own. Also a bit of spice is nice in the recipe but I have made it optional.  My daughter isn't a fan of spicy foods, so I often leave the spice as a later addition for the grown ups.  This truly is an all purpose seasoning, it taste great on chicken, pork, tofu, or steak.
Pin It!
 
 
 
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: none
Ingredients:
2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of onion flakes (can sub onion powder)
1 teaspoon of satsuma powder (can sub 2 teaspoons of orange zest)
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of ground coffee
1 teaspoon of himilayan sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
 
Directions: Add all ingredients to a small bowl,
image
Mix well:
imageTransfer to an air tight container until ready to use:
image
 
This is such a great seasoning, and it's not just something to use on grilled meats.  I used it to make oven roasted barbecue chicken the other night, and it was a huge hit!
 
image
 
Follow and like me on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/lazygirldinners

No comments:

Post a Comment