Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Persian Spiced Salmon Kabobs

Persian Spiced Salmon Kabob's
Persian Spiced Salmon Kabob's
 
I love a good kabob and lately I've been craving them.  Salmon is such a hearty fish, and there are many great ways to prepare salmon, but when you want to switch things up a bit--grilled salmon is the way to go.  I made a paste to adorn this salmon, and it's rich in Mediterranean flavors.  I used sumac, which can be found in any middle eastern store, or in your local Trader Joe's--it's where I got mine.  Sumac is tart,  sour and is often used in place of lemon in middle eastern recipes.   If you can't find sumac, then by all means feel free to substitute with the zest of a lemon.  The flavor is this dish is fantastic.  The fresh thyme was amazing! I felt like I was eating at one of my favorite Persian restaurants.  Page really loved it, and my husband could not stop with the compliments.
Pin It!
Pin It!
 
 
 
Prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 7 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
 
Ingredients:
1lb of salmon-- dried with paper towels, de-skinned, and cubed into 1 inch pieces
1 teaspoon of sumac powder-- can substitute with lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme-stems removed
1 teaspoon of olive oil--or oil of your choice
sea salt to taste
Directions: To a small bowl add the garlic powder, cumin powder, fresh thyme and oil, mix well and set aside.
image
Rub the spice mixture on the salmon,
image
 
then add the salmon to skewers,
image
 
Grill the salmon for 3-4 minutes on each side, remove from grill, serve and enjoy!
image
 

No comments:

Post a Comment