Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Miso Butter--How to Make Miso Butter

How to Make Miso Butter
How to Make Miso Butter
Butter is delicious all on its own, I love adding it to sauces, slathering it on piping hot corn on the cob, or a simple piece of toast. There is not much that butter doesn't improve.  However, miso butter is the younger, prettier, and more sophisticated sibling of butter. It's everything butter is, but better! I was introduced to miso butter by David Chang after watching a chef series he did.  Frankly, I don't know why I never tried making miso butter before.  I have had it several times at restaurants, and was always fascinated whenever chefs mentioned using it. I guess it just never occurred to me to try to make it at home--until it did--and now I can't live without it.  Most chefs recommend using a 2 to 1, or 3 to 1 ratio of butter to miso.  I found my sweet spot is larger on the butter side, so my ratio is more of a 4 to 1. Tomorrow I am going to share one of my absolute favorite ways to use miso butter, until then here is how you make it.
Pin It!
Pin It!
 
 
 
 
Prep time: 5 minutes
 
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of white organic miso
7  tablespoons of grass fed butter--cut into cubes--it makes mixing easier
Directions: To a medium size bowl add the butter,
image
Then the miso.
image
Using  the back of a large spoon, mix and mash together the butter and miso paste until well combined.
image
 
image
You'll know the butter is fully mixed when you no longer see streaks of brown or yellow.
image
Once the butter and miso have been well combined, transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate for later use.
image
image
This butter is amazing on almost everything, from steaks to veggies and fish!  See you tomorrow;-)
If you like this recipe try my recipe for How to make Butter or How to brown butter

No comments:

Post a Comment