Wednesday, April 9, 2014

D.I.Y. Herbed Feta Spread

Herbed Feta Spread

If you don't know I've expanded my blog to include video blogging. I just started it so you haven't missed much besides subscribing to my awesome channel Subscribe here:-) I love feta cheese, it's one of the few cheeses that I can eat without getting a tummy ache. However, besides that, it's delicious, and extremely versatile, it goes well on salads, pizza, and as an accompaniment to Lamb burgers. The next time you have a dinner part break this spread out with an olive tray and some good crackers, and your dinner guests will be raving about it for days!

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: none
total time 10 minutes

Ingredients:
6 ounce package of feta cheese
1/2 cup of fresh mint finely chopped
3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves removed from the stems
1/4 cup of water

Directions: add the feta cheese to a blender or food processor, and pulse to break it up. Slowly add in water, add by 2 tablespoons at a time, until your spread reaches desired consistency. I was happy at around 3 tablespoons of water. Transfer the creamed cheese to a bowl and add in herbs, mixing well until combined. Serve with pita bread, chips, or crackers, you really can't go wrong with this spread. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment