Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Grilled Rib-eye with Spicy Dry-Rub


Grilled Rib-eye Steak with Spicy Dry-Rub

Now that it's warm again I can cutout a bit of my cooking by having my husband grill for us. He loves rib-eye steaks and it's fun for me to find different ways to spice them up. I love making marinades for steaks but sometimes it's fun just to mix a few dry spices together and see what happens. That is exactly what I did here. This do it yourself dry rub is definitely going into our menu line up again, it is so yummy.  The only problem with allowing my husband to grill the steak, was that he was not as gentle with the steak as I would have been, so I didn't get great pictures, but trust me when I say you will love this dry rub.



Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
 Note: this is enough seasoning for a 1 pound steak, double or triple the amounts if you are grilling more steaks.

Ingredients Dry-Rub:
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Sea salt to taste

Directions: Add the dry spices to a small bowl and mix them together until combined:


Season the both sides of the steak with sea salt, then rub both sides generously with the dry spice mixture.




Place on the grill and let cook  for 7-8 minutes on each side, remove from grill let sit for 5-7 minutes before enjoying.


 How easy was that?  I love it when my husband grills;-) Okay share your favorite dry rub seasoning?  I always buy one, this is the first time that I've made my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment