Monday, June 9, 2014

How to make Cherry Lemonade--with real Cherries

Homemade Cherry Lemonade--Made with Fresh Cherries

Lemonade is as American--especially Southern American--as cherry pie--see my upcoming blog about that--and I'd be remiss if I didn't share one of my favorite summertime drinks--Cherry Lemonade.  Cherry season is almost at an end here, so I thought I'd give the last of my cherries a brilliant send off, by highlighting them in two recipes.  If it's too late in the season and you can't find a fresh cherry anywhere--then use frozen cherries--skip thawing them, and blend them frozen with the lemon and the sugar.  Doing so will allow you to omit the use of ice cubes.

Ingredients:
1 cup of fresh cherries (pits and stems removed)
1 cup of fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup of maple sugar (can sub other sugars, and if you like your lemonade on the sweet side use more sugar)
3 cups of water
ice for chilling

Directions:  To a blender add the cherries, lemon juice, and sugar and blend until well combined.  Add this mixture to a pitcher, with the water and some ice, mix well, serve and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment