Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Roasted Broccoli and Garlic


Roasted Broccoli and Garlic

Trying to get my daughter to eat and love broccoli has not been easy.  This whole food texture thing she has is more trouble than I initially thought.  I mistakenly thought that since she loves roasted cauliflower then roasted broccoli would be a no-brainer---apparently not so with her.  Despite her refusal to eat broccoli, this roasted broccoli and garlic dish has become a new favorite for my husband and I.  We both love it! Not only do we love it, but I served it to some friends, and they loved it too!  I'm just going to have to keep trying with my daughter, she has not been won over by a love of broccoli--yet!

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
2.5 cups of broccoli sliced
3 large cloves of garlic sliced thinly
Coconut oil spray or 3 tablespoons of olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Directions: Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray it with coconut oil. Add broccoli, and sprinkle with sliced garlic.  Season with sea salt and black pepper then spray the broccoli generously with coconut oil spray.  If using olive oil, add broccoli to a bowl with olive oil and toss until broccoli is coated, then add it to the sheet pan, sprinkle sliced garlic, season with sea salt and black pepper. 


 Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli starts to brown a bit.  Remove from oven, serve and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment