Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Strawberry Apple Fruit Roll-Ups


Strawberry-Apple Fruit Roll-ups

Now that summer has arrived we are constantly on the go.  Which means that we spend much more time in the car.  My daughter does surprisingly well on car rides, however, she does better if I am armed with plenty of games to fill her time, and of course snacks don't hurt.  She is extremely fond of apple strings--apples that I run through my vegetable spiralizer on the spaghetti attachment, however they oxidize so quickly after making them, I like to save those for home snacks.  Enter fruit roll-ups, she loves them and they are extremely travel friendly.  If you follow this blog, then you know I have several recipes for fruit rolls ups my tropical punch fruit roll-ups are my absolute favorite, but the pineapple, or strawberry fruit roll ups are equally as delicious!

Ingredients:

10 ounces of strawberries stems removed
2 medium sized apples, cores removed

Directions: Place the strawberries and apples in a blender and blend until smooth.  


Pour the mixture out onto a parchment lined sheet and smooth into a thin layer.




Place in a dehydrator on 134 for 4-6 hours, or in a oven on the lowest setting for 4-6 hours.
Fruit roll-ups are done when you can peel them off of the parchment without them sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment